Indian festivities and food go hand in hand for they add more significance to their celebration and grandeur. Krishna Janmashtami is an important festival that marks the auspicious day of the birth of Lord Krishna, the Supreme Lord.
A lot of sweets and snacks are made to offer Lord Krishna during this festival that is celebrated across the world.
Here we share one of the signature Janmashtami recipes – Dry Fruits Paag made in a healthy way with Jaggery or Gud.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Servings – 25 pieces
500 grams Pure Jaggery Cubes
100 grams Ghee
1 Cup Your Choice of Dry Fruits Chopped
1 Tsp Ajwain or Caraway Seeds
1 Tsp Dry Ginger Powder
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
1. Grate Jaggery and Keep Aside. Also chop your choice of dry fruits ranging from Almonds, Cashew, Walnut, Peanut, Raisins and More
2. In a heavy bottomed pan add ghee and heat in medium flame
3. Add jaggery and mix it. Heat it till the jaggery melts
4. As soon as it melts, add caraway seeds, dry ginger powder and cardamom powder
5.Add in the chopped dry fruits and switch of the flame
6. Mix everything well till all the ghee is absorbed and the jaggery starts to thicken and solidify
7. Pour the mixture in a greased plate and tap it to spread the mixture evenly
8. Let it cool. Once cool cut into desired shape and size
9. Keep it along the Bhog for Lord Krishna, offer as Prasad and enjoy the delicacy