Gajar ka Halwa is one of the most cherished and loved Indian desserts. It is prepared with grated carrots, milk, sugar and nuts of your choice. It is a classic Indian sweet which is a definite crowd-pleaser. Here’s a step by step recipe of this delicious goodness for the winter season.
Preparation Time: 50 Minutes
- 6 cups grated carrots
- 1.5 litre milk
- 8 green cardamoms
- 7 Tablespoon ghee
- 7 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoon raisins
- 1 Tablespoon shredded almonds
- 2 Tbsp chopped pistachios
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Take a pan and add milk, cardamom and grated carrots.
- Simmer until the liquid evaporates.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the carrot mixture.
- Cook over a gentle flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking until the halwa turns deep reddish color.
- Stir in dried fruit and serve.