Gajar ka Halwa is one of the most cherished and loved Indian desserts. It is prepared with grated carrots, milk, sugar and nuts of your choice. It is a classic Indian sweet which is a definite crowd-pleaser. Here’s a step by step recipe of this delicious goodness for the winter season.
Preparation Time: 50 Minutes
- 6 cups grated carrots
- 1.5 litre milk
- 8 green cardamoms
- 7 Tablespoon ghee
- 7 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoon raisins
- 1 Tablespoon shredded almonds
- 2 Tbsp chopped pistachios
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Take a pan and add milk, cardamom and grated carrots.
- Simmer until the liquid evaporates.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the carrot mixture.
- Cook over a gentle flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking until the halwa turns deep reddish color.
- Stir in dried fruit and serve.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- No-Bake Chocolate Mango Tart | Date Night Series | Dessert
- Gur Ki Kheer | Gurer Payesh | Jaggery Kheer | Tassyam
- Amazing Things You Can Do With Cashews
- Onam Sadya Festive Special- Dates Kheer
- Krishna Janmashtami Special- Dry Fruits Paag or Burfi with Jaggery
- Makar Sakranti Special: Til Papdi recipe
- HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK AT HOME?
- Homemade Nut Butter Recipe
- Holiday Special: Coconut Balls Recipe
- Winter Special: Gajar ka Halwa Recipe
- Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- Spicy Nut Brittle Recipe
- Cranberry Nut Loaf Recipe
- CHAI SPICED PANCAKE RECIPE
- CHAI ROSE PANNA COTTA RECIPE