Pecan pie made with crunchy pecans and dates filling to make it naturally sweet is easy and quick to make at home. Give your kids a nutritious treat loaded with goodness and love. One of the best things about pecan pie is that it is loaded with nutrients like healthy fats, protein, fiber, minerals and vitamins plus it’s delicious too!
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves – 2 to 3
For the Crust:
1 and a half cups cashew
1 cup shredded coconut
4 pitted dates
For the Filling:
1 and a half Cup Pitted and Chopped Dates
3/4 cup Water
1 and a half cups Pecans
Pinch of Salt
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
1. Make the crust first. Add all the crust ingredients in a blender and grind it till it is crumbled
2. Line your pie dish with parchment paper. Spread the crust mixture evenly in the dish and press ti firm it up. Freeze the crust while you prepare the filling.
3. In a pan, add the chopped dates and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook in low flame till the dates are cooked and it forms a sticky mixture.
4. Stir in 1 cup of pecan nuts and add a pinch of salt. Add in the nutmeg and cardamom powder. Let the mixture cool
5. Now, take the crust out of the freezer and add the filling on the top. Spread it evenly and decorate it with the remaining pecans. Freeze it again for 30 minutes or refrigerate for a couple of hours until firm.
6. Cut into pieces and serve