Til Papdi or Til Patti is a crunchy and delicious sweet prepared in India for winter festivals. It is basically prepared by caramelizing sesame seeds. It is prepared on festivals like Pongal, Makar Sakranti, Lohri etc. You can also add chopped nuts of your choice according to your liking. Sesame seeds are also very good for health as they are rich in iron and calcium and also help in lowering cholesterol levels. This recipe can be prepared very easily and requires very few ingredients.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Lightly roast the sesame seeds in a heavy pan and keep aside.
- Then heat jaggery in the same pan until it gets melted.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Now keep the pan in a bowl of hot water so that it doesn’t solidify while preparing the til papdi.
- Grease a clean flat work surface and a rolling pin.
- Take a little sesame seed mixture at a time and flatten with rolling pin.
- Sprinkle a few slices of pistachios on top.
- Now quickly roll as thin as possible.
- Place over a clean plastic sheet to cool.
- Let the mixture cool and solidify and then divide into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Honey Balls/Fritters Recipe
- Carrot Walnut Cake Recipe
- Makar Sakranti Special: Til Papdi recipe
- Holiday Special: Coconut Balls Recipe
- Winter Special: Gajar ka Halwa Recipe
- Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- CHAI SPICED PANCAKE RECIPE
- How to make Indian Masala Chai
- Paneer Oats Wrap Recipe
- EASY & HEALTHY SALAD RECIPE
- Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pasta Recipe