Masala Chai is an Indian household staple. On an average, Indians drink tea atleast twice a day and they love their masala chai. There are a lot of versions of this amazing milky spiced tea concoction. You can always add or omit the different kinds of spices being used according to your taste.
Today we’ll teach you how to prepare chai masala separately and then use it to make tea whenever required. You can stock up this spice blend in an airtight container to maintain its freshness.
For the chai masala:
¼ tsp. whole black peppercorn
¼ tsp. fennel seeds
3 gm cinnamon sticks
1 tsp. whole cardamom seeds
½ tsp. whole cloves
½ tsp. nutmeg, grated
Grind all these spices using pestle and mortar or a food processor and store in airtight container.
For the chai:
3/4 cup or 180 ml milk
1.25 cup or 240 ml water
2-3 tsp. sugar
1.25 tsp. loose tea leaves
1/2 tsp. chai masala depending on your spice preference
1 tsp. freshly crushed ginger
- Take a spouted saucepan and add water. Let it boil.
- Add the crushed ginger, chai masala and teas leaves and boil for few minutes until the flavors are well infused.
- Add milk and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- When the milk comes to a boil, lower the flame and stir well.
- Bring to a boil once again, turn off the heat and stir well. Allow to steep for a few minutes.
- Strain carefully into cups, and serve.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of spices according to your taste. You can also add tulsi leaves or star anise if you like. Serve with crispy hot snacks like samosa, pakoda etc.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Tibetan Momo and Chutney Recipe | Tassyam
- Celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi with Tassyam – Special Modak Recipe
- Honey Balls/Fritters Recipe
- Carrot Walnut Cake Recipe
- Makar Sakranti Special: Til Papdi recipe
- Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- Cranberry & Apricot Chutney Recipe
- CHAI SPICED PANCAKE RECIPE
- How to make Indian Masala Chai
- Paneer Oats Wrap Recipe
- Chai-Spiced Whole-wheat Banana Bread Recipe
- CHAI ROSE PANNA COTTA RECIPE
- Mouthwatering Recipe of AFGHANI PULAO (Vegetarian)
- EASY & HEALTHY SALAD RECIPE