These are fried dough balls of heaven which are covered in honey and sprinkles. These golden sweet treats are a delight and the ultimate comfort food. They are made from simple ingredients and are very easy to prepare.
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 3/4 cup honey
- Edible Sprinkles for decorating
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add sugar, lemon powder, vanilla extract, salt, and 1 cup of the flour and mix.
- Spread some flour over the work surface and knead dough onto it. Knead in the remaining flour and make sure the dough is mildly sticky.
- Now cut the dough into 10 equal portions. Roll each into a long, thin cylinder and slice them into small pieces.
- Add oil to a deep thick bottomed pot and place over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Once the oil is hot, add the dough balls and allow them to fry for a few minutes, until they turn golden-brown.
- Continue with the dough balls in batches.
- Let them cool, and then place them in a bowl.
- Heat honey in a pan and pour the warm honey over the fried balls and stir to evenly coat. Decorate with sprinkles. Store in an airtight container.