Today, we bring to you the recipe of a scrumptiously moist carrot cake with a topping of creamy cream cheese frosting. It is not overly sweet and has just the right amount sweetness and is incredibly decadent and delicious.
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 5-6 Walnut kernels to decorate
- 150 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 50 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a bowl and whisk in the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined.
- Now gradually mix in the flour, stirring until the flour is fully incorporated in.
- Now add in the carrots and walnuts and fold in.
- Grease the baking tray and spread the batter in it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make cream cheese frosting, beat cheese and butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar, beating until thick. Now add in the juice.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the frosting on top and decorate with walnuts. Serve & enjoy!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Honey Balls/Fritters Recipe
- Carrot Walnut Cake Recipe
- Makar Sakranti Special: Til Papdi recipe
- Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- CHAI SPICED PANCAKE RECIPE
- How to make Indian Masala Chai
- Paneer Oats Wrap Recipe
- Mouthwatering Recipe of AFGHANI PULAO (Vegetarian)
- EASY & HEALTHY SALAD RECIPE
- Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pasta Recipe