These crunchy, candied walnuts are a delight. You can toss them into your salad, over popcorn, as a topping for cakes and cupcakes, or simply have them as a snack.
It’s an easy method of making candied walnuts and it hardly takes 10 minutes. The finished product is a treat and highly addictive.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 1 ½ cups
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Add the walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of salt to the skillet.
- Keep stirring constantly and cook for 5 minutes until the syrup has caramelized.
- Make sure that there is no liquid left in the skillet. The maple syrup coating should evenly coat the walnuts.
- Place the walnuts evenly onto a parchment paper and spread. Make sure to separate the walnuts to avoid clumping.
- Let them cool and harden for 15-20 minutes.
- You can store them in an airtight container. They can be kept at room temperature for several weeks.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi with Tassyam – Special Modak Recipe
- Honey Balls/Fritters Recipe
- Candied Walnuts Recipe
- Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- Cranberry Nut Loaf Recipe
- CHAI SPICED PANCAKE RECIPE
- Chai-Spiced Whole-wheat Banana Bread Recipe
- DIY Muesli Bars Recipe
- Diwali Bonus Recipe: Vegan Pista & Coconut Kulfi
- Diwali Special Recipe: Dry Fruit Protein Ladoo