Diwali is a time of celebration and indulgence. People tend to over-eat and splurge without thinking. The consumption of sugary and deep-fried delicacies lead to an imbalance of hormones, mood and blood sugar which results in weight-gain and suppression of the immune system.
Now it’s time to crush this pattern and get on track to a healthier lifestyle. Follow these tips and you will start feeling the effects immediately.
Water is a powerful detoxifier because it encourages the kidneys to eliminate waste. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day to hydrate your body. You can make flavoured water by adding wedges of lemons, oranges, cucumbers etc.
- Eliminate Sugar
Bacteria and Cancerous cells in the body feed on sugar. Sugar has also been compared to cocaine because it is extremely addictive. Eliminating sugar from diet will help you quickly lose those unwanted pounds and feel healthier and more energetic.
- Herbal Teas are your BFFs
Drinking 2-3 cups of herbal tea calms and soothes the stomach. It helps to cleanse and revitalize your body. It also boosts your immunity and increases your metabolism leading to higher weight loss.
- PREP AHEAD!
Preparing menus, ingredients or even meals ahead of time can help in a major way to eat healthily. You don’t need to bother about what to eat and how much to eat if you already have everything well-planned.
- Increase Protein & Healthy Fats
Eat meals that contain a good amount of protein and fat (nuts & seeds, legumes, beans etc). Protein and fat are more difficult to digest which help you feel fuller for longer intervals. Protein also helps you build muscle which aids in higher metabolic rate.
- Eat more Fruits & Veggies
Consume a lot of vegetables and fruits of rainbow colours. You get an array of antioxidants and phytonutrients that will help you keep the body healthy. Detox is not about starving so when you’re hungry, eat! Make your vegetables the star of the plate.
- Consume Probiotics
Probiotic-rich foods aid digestive health by increasing the good bacteria which are responsible for nutrient absorption and make your immune system stronger. Probiotic foods include yogurt, fermented vegetables, apple cider vinegar etc.
- Sweat it out!
Exercising encourages breathing, circulation, and sweating, all of which are responsible for flushing out the toxins. You can do any kind of exercise like running, bicycling, yoga, dancing etc and get your heart pumping which will increase your body’s oxygen intake.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- You can make all of this!
- Looking for Office Munchies?
- 7 Health Benefits of Dried Figs or Anjeer
- 10 Simple Tips For a Healthier New Year
- Christmas Edition: Tea & Book Pairings
- 5 Reasons to have Haldi Doodh in the Winters
- 10 Signs that Tea is your One-True Love
- INTERESTING & CREATIVE WAYS TO USE OLD & STALE TEA
- How to host an elegant Tea Party
- Perfect Tea Selections for every Mood
- 12 Ways to protect yourself from Cold & Flu this Winter Season
- Spicy Foods may help you reduce your Salt Intake
- Tea & Book Pairings: A Match Made in Heaven
- Post Diwali Detox: How to Cleanse Your Body after the festive splurge
- Story of BHAI DOOJ
- 10 Tips to Throw The Perfect Diwali Party
- Cherry-picking Our Teas
- The Origin Of Gusto1940