Also known as wolfberries, goji berries have been used for more than thousands of years in the traditional medicines of China. Goji berry has made its foray as a superfood and deserves its spot rightly so. Nutrient-dense and rich in taste, here’s why this antioxidant berry is worth all the hype:
1. Boosts Immunity
Goji berries are full of Vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals in the body. Protecting you from common diseases, goji berries can optimize your immune function. So, if you find yourself feeling under the weather, it might be worth adding goji berries to your morning smoothie, muesli or cereals.
2. Good For Skin
Loaded with beta-carotene that is responsible for its bright colour, goji berries promote healthy skin. Consuming natural goji berries can do wonders for your skin, protecting against skin damage, aging and UV light damage.
3. Fights Cancer Cells
The rich antioxidant content of these berries makes it possible to fight cancer cells and toxins in the body. Goji berries have lycopene that is touted to have both cancer-fight and cancer-preventative properties. In addition, it also contains Physalin that helps to signal the cells and stop random replication.
4. Protects the Eyes
Yet another antioxidant named Zeaxanthin is extremely beneficial for eye health. They aid to protect the retain from ganglion cells, hypopigmentation and accumulation of oxidative stress that damage the eye. Prevent macular degeneration and protect your eyes for a long way to go by eating a handful of goji berries every day.
5. Supports Liver Detoxification
The Liver is an unsung hero that plays a major role in your health and wellbeing. By adding goji berries in your diet along with other potent antioxidants ensures that your liver stays strong and detoxifies the body effectively. Goji berries have been included in remedies for colon cleanse, detox formulations and are also a great kidney stone remedy.
How to Include Goji Berries in Your Diet?
Now that you know all about the health benefits of Goji berries, grab the freshest goji berries of the season at Tassyam now. These berry berry essential goodies are worth to be included in your diet. Here are some ways you can consume this superfood:
- Raw – the most simple way of consuming goji berries is having them by the handful as a quick snack in between your meals
- Smoothie- You can whip up juices or smoothies with a sprinkle of goji berries to go and blend them together
- Tea – Add a handful of goji berries to a big glass of hot water or cold water as iced tea. Let it sit for five to ten minutes until they become plump and juicy. Drink up the tea and eat the hydrated berries
- Trail Mix – Make you own trail mix by adding nuts, berries, raisins and other dry fruits.
- Cereals and Muesli – Add them to your morning bowl of cereals, oatmeal, muesli or any other porridge just like you would add raisins