Adding a glass of warm turmeric milk to your routine will help improve your body function as it has many health benefits. Research has shown that the curcumin, a compound found in turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that aids in digestion, controlling cholesterol levels, and even warding off cancer. Haldi doodh is the perfect concoction for the harsh winter season. Keep reading to find out more!
For people who have a weak immune system and often fall sick, turmeric milk can do wonders. Drinking a warm glass daily can help prevent cold and flu. It has been used as a traditional remedy for a cough, cold, and other respiratory ailments since ages. The antiviral and antibacterial properties of turmeric help in fighting off any infections.
Turmeric can help cure liver cirrhosis and fatty liver. Turmeric increases the production of enzymes that help the body detoxify. It also improves blood circulation and helps optimize liver functions. Ayurveda has been using turmeric to help flush out toxins from the liver.
Aids Weight loss
We tend to eat & drink more during the winter season and the result is weight gain. The antioxidant in the spice, curcumin helps in breaking down the lipids which in turn boosts the process of losing weight. Turmeric helps in reducing cholesterol levels and is very beneficial in weight loss.
The antioxidants in turmeric help fight the free radicals that are responsible for disease as well aging. Turmeric has been an integral part of the beauty regimen of Indian women since the time immemorial because it keeps the skin young and healthy. Consuming turmeric milk regularly also gives relief to people suffering from eczema due to its detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties which helps ease symptoms and prevent flare-ups.
Relief from Joint pain
Cold weather often aggravates the pain in joints and creates other problems. Turmeric powder has anti-inflammatory properties which help in the treatment of joint pain. A regular intake of turmeric powder, taken over a period of time, reduces the problem of arthritis and joint pain to a great extent.
How to make Haldi Doodh?
- Take a saucepan and warm milk over low heat and stir in the turmeric powder.
- Bring to a boil and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- This will reduce the milk and make it thicker then turn off the heat.
- Now add crushed black pepper.
Drink the milk warm.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Looking for Office Munchies?
- 7 Health Benefits of Dried Figs or Anjeer
- 10 Simple Tips For a Healthier New Year
- 5 Reasons to have Haldi Doodh in the Winters
- 12 Ways to protect yourself from Cold & Flu this Winter Season
- Spicy Foods may help you reduce your Salt Intake
- Post Diwali Detox: How to Cleanse Your Body after the festive splurge