Black Tea, the most common variant of tea that we have come to love. But did you ever think about how great it is for health? Some say that Black Tea is a medicine that all of us love and have regularly, yet not realise the awesome stuff it does to our bodies. Here are some benefits:
- Oral Health: Polyphenols found in black tea kill and surpass cavity-causing bacteria as well as hinder the growth of bacterial enzymes that form the sticky-like material that binds plaque to our teeth.
- Cancer Prevention: The antioxidants, called polyphenols, found in black tea help in preventing the formation of potential carcinogens in the body, resulting in the prevention of certain cancers like ovarian, lung, prostrate, colorectal and bladder cancers.
- A Better Heart: It is seen that regardless of people’s country of origin, individuals who consume 3 or more cups of tea had a 21% lower risk of a stroke than people who consume less than 1 cup of green or black tea per day.
- Antioxidants: Black tea contains polyphenols, which are also antioxidants that help block DNA damage associated with tobacco or other toxic chemicals.
- Benefits The Digestive Tract: The tannins in black tea are beneficial for digestion. These tannins help combat gastric and intestinal illnesses by having a therapeutic effect. Besides, they exercise an anti-diarrheal effect and help in decreasing the intestinal activity.
- Healthy Bones: It has also been suggested that regular tea drinkers have stronger bones and lower probability of developing arthritis due to the phytochemicals found in tea.
- Stress Relief: Studies show that the amino acid L-theanine found in black tea can help you relax and concentrate better. Black tea has also been shown to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol when consumed in moderate amounts on a regular basis.
- Better Immune System: Black tea contains alkylamine antigens that help boost our immune response.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Black tea is effective in decreasing the level of triglycerides. It can reduce the LDL or bad cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart disease. Drinking several cups of black tea improves the functioning of the arteries and does not allow cholesterol to build up inside them.
- Increased Energy: Unlike other drinks that have a relatively higher caffeine content, the low amounts found in tea can help enhance blood flow to the brain without over-stimulating the heart. It also stimulates the metabolism and respiratory system, as well as the heart and the kidneys.
In Same Category
- How to get your pizza toppings right | Pizza Topping Ideas | Tassyam
- How to get your Pizza Sauce right | Easy Tomato Sauce | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics 3 | International Soups
- How to get your Pizza right | Foolproof Pizza dough | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics | Cream Soups