Do you start your mornings with tea? Are you dependent on tea as more than a hot beverage to satiate under the weather? Does it excite you to get to know about your tea better like a pal? If you answered 'Yes”' to any of these questions, you are on the path to becoming a true tea connoisseur.
Tea is one of the most popular beverages and has its own line of history that has been lauded with medicinal benefits. It belongs to a unique realm resplendent with knowledge for those who seek it.
Yes, tea is not just a popular beverage but also a complex one with thousands of varieties and flavours owing to varied cultivation regions and production methods. From classic black tea to herbal tisanes and spiced teas, it never gets too monotonous.
Here are the basic characteristics of tea you ought to know while tasting tea:
The appearance of the tea helps us to understand the quality of the leaves. Are they small or large leaves, is the texture dusty or crumbly? Take into consideration the colour, texture, and shape of the tea leaves.
If it is a tea bag, the texture of the tea bag also matters. Another sign of a good tea is the colour of the brewed tea. If it has a darker hue, it means the tea has a fuller flavour.
The first impression of a cup tea is its aroma. After all that instantly make you fall in love with the infusion. Hold the brew as close to your nose as possible and take a deep breath. This will give you another instant idea about the quality of the tea.
Now, the main aspect of tea tasting, what it feels like in your mouth? As dramatic as it sounds, it is very simple. Try and think about what sensation are you feeling? Does it feel right? Only you will know the answer.
Start with a slow sip. Let the flavour of the tea fill your palate and enjoy the taste. The flavour that you experience stands out as the best judgment of the tea's taste.
As dramatic as it sounds, it is very simple. Try and think about what sensation are you feeling? Does it feel right? Only you will know the answer. Before the feel and warmth of the tea reaches your heart, your mouth is the first to experience it.
An important thing is to enjoy your cup of tea. Each individual's taste can be different. And, that's why we at Tassyam have an exotic range of unique flavoured teas for varied taste. Come and experience the true taste of tea.
In Same Category
- How to get your pizza toppings right | Pizza Topping Ideas | Tassyam
- How to get your Pizza Sauce right | Easy Tomato Sauce | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics 3 | International Soups
- How to get your Pizza right | Foolproof Pizza dough | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics | Cream Soups
Related by Tags
- Know Thy Tea – Experience the True Taste of Tea
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Drink Tea Every day
- Tea time with Tassyam
- 12 Foods to Keep You Warm these Winters
- 8 CARDINAL RULES OF MAKING TEA
- 3 Easy Ways to brew Tea without Any Teaware/Teabags/Infusers
- Simple Tea Steeping Guide
- Tea Terminology: What does the word “Steep” mean?