If you are not using this wonderful spice native to Indian cooking yet, then you will never forget to always add a pinch of hing or asafoetida to your cooking after reading this. A pinch of Hing goes a long way to balance the flavour and aroma of the dish along with a myriad of health benefits.
Here we have outlined the reasons why you should use Hing in your cooking:
1. Tackle Indigestion
Hing is well known for its medicinal properties. Drawn out from the resin of giant wild fennel plants grown predominantly in Afghanistan, it is typically ground or compounded and mixed with wheat. Its strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help to alleviate upset tummy, gas problems, intestinal worms, flatulence and irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Combat Respiratory Disorders
Being a powerful respiratory stimulant and an expectorant, hing helps to release the phlegm and relieves congestion naturally. Mix hing with honey and ginger to get rid of dry cough, whooping cough or bronchitis.
3. Controls Blood Sugar and High Blood Pressure
Hing helps to stimulate the pancreas to secrete more insulin thereby improving insulin resistance and controlling blood sugar. Besides the coumarin compounds in hing improves blood circulation by thinning the blood and preventing blood clots and high blood pressure.
4. Relieves Pain
Because of its anti-inflammatory effect, hing can help to fight the pain associated with menstruation, toothache, migraine and headache. Just consume a pinch of hing with a cup of warm water to relieve pain. For toothache you can apply a paste of hing with lemon juice and apply it on the affected area.
5. Eye Care and Anaemia
Hing also contains beta carotene. This helps in eye care and aids to keep your eyes healthy and hydrated. It also has antioxidants that improve iron content in your body, thereby fighting anaemia. Besides, it is anticarcinogenic which prevents progression and onset of cancer disease.
6. Cures Skin Diseases
It also finds its place in skincare formulations for its anti-inflammatory effect. It is mostly used as a remedy for corns, calluses and some bacterial infections. Moreover, it produces a cooling effect to alleviate burning sensations.
How To Use It
1. Add half a teaspoon of hing powder with a glass of warm water on an empty stomach to maximize its health benefits
2. Adding a pinch of hing to buttermilk along with rock salt and consuming it after a heavy afternoon meal will help to alleviate bloating issues and stimulate better digestion
3. Using it as a fomentation along with hot water in a cloth, you can reduce inflammation on the affected area
4. Finally, adding hing to tadka will not just impart a unique flavour to your food, but also help to reap its vast health benefits
Tassyam Hingwale Variety of Hing
Our range of hing products is produced using a secret recipe handed down from generation to generation by the pioneers of Hing since 1940 – Hingwale. Tassyam’s special range of compounded asafoetida is 100% natural without any additives, except for different proportions of wheat. Come and experience the unique flavour of Hing in its original taste, making your food delicious and healthful.
Savour a spoon of authentic South Indian sambar with hing or soak in the flavour of hing sauteed with onions in your daals. We are sure that once you try our range of Hing, you are sure to get hooked to its rich taste and flavour. And, that’s Tassyam’s promise to you!
In Same Category
- How to get your pizza toppings right | Pizza Topping Ideas | Tassyam
- How to get your Pizza Sauce right | Easy Tomato Sauce | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics 3 | International Soups
- How to get your Pizza right | Foolproof Pizza dough | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics | Cream Soups