Contrary to the popular notion that nuts are too fatty and not fit for dieters, a heaping handful of nuts can provide you various health benefits. Nuts are a great source of proteins, healthy fats and essential nutrients vital for body functions.
The key is to consume nuts in a way that it delivers its benefits without the weight gain. And, that is why timing matters and so does the quantity and quality of nuts you take. Nuts play a vital role in achieving various health benefits, but one should eat them at different intervals of the day to reap all its benefits.
According to experts, the best time to consume nuts is in the morning during breakfast. Here is a simple eating plan for consuming nuts the right way:
1. Morning – Start your day with a handful of plain and natural almonds. Almonds can add a finishing touch to your breakfast. The amount of fiber and fats in them will enable to leave your meals with a fuller and more satiating effect. This will beat you those pesky hunger pangs and eat healthfully.
2. Evening – Some ideal evening-time nuts that make a great snack are pistachio, cashews and pine nuts. Along with boosting your immunity, they provide you stamina after a long day at work. You can also add these nuts in your salads for extra crunch and make your salads more nutrient dense.
3. Night – Nuts that are high in fiber can significantly help you with digestive issues. Walnuts, prunes and dates are a great choice. They ensure that you don’t feel bloated or constipated. With that being said, eating too fatty nuts like cashews during the night is not a great idea. They can disturb your sleep routine and cause heaviness at the night which is not preferred.
The Dont’s of Eating Nuts
Avoid oil-roasted or chocolate-coated nuts that can hamper the nutrient profile of the same. The best way to get maximum benefits of nuts is consuming them in raw and natural form. Or else, you can also toss them in your food without over cooking them, add them to cereals, yogurt or milk.
With all the good things provided by nuts, you cannot consume a bowl-full of them and sit in front of your TV to enjoy. How much nuts you eat is of utmost importance. One should try to include a fist full of nuts at least once daily in their diet. Approximately 25 to 30 nuts per day can be taken during the different time intervals to make the most of it.
Here is a typical Quantity of nuts you can have per day:
Almonds: 5 - 7 pieces
Cashews: 3-4 kernels
Pista: 15 - 20 grams
Peanuts: 8 - 10 nuts
Walnuts: 3 - 4 halves
Dates: 1 - 2 medium size
Buy Essential Nuts From Tassyam
Tassyam stands for You and what better way to celebrate You than ensuring your wellbeing more than anything else. We provide the freshest quality of nuts sourced from across the globe to make sure that you deserve the best. Packed with utmost care and freshness under hygienic conditions, it is our promise to deliver you premium quality nuts. Celebrate your Health with Tassyam’s delicious nuts.
In Same Category
- How to use yeast | A beginner’s guide to Baker’s yeast | Tassyam
- How to get your pizza toppings right | Pizza Topping Ideas | Tassyam
- How to get your Pizza Sauce right | Easy Tomato Sauce | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics 3 | International Soups
- How to get your Pizza right | Foolproof Pizza dough | Tassyam