In between meals, we often feel like munching on tit-bits and end up having unhealthy snacks like chips, cookies, chocolates etc. If you're in such a mood for a crunchy snack then you can have Pumpkin Seeds. Pumpkin Seeds are nutritional powerhouses which are rich in a variety of nutrients like zinc, magnesium, protein etc and make an excellent snack to have instantly without any fuss. It is also one of the best snacks to lose weight because every single seed is very dense and rich which helps you feel satiated for longer periods.
Here are some amazing health benefits of pumpkin seeds:
Benefits For Skin
It is extremely good for the skin and has multiple benefits like it helps to moisturize the skin, fight acne, fastens wound healing, prevents premature aging and may also help protect against Skin Cancer.
Benefits For Hair
Consumption of Pumpkin Seeds improves hair growth, prevents dandruff and keeps hair healthy, silky and smooth.
Healthy For Heart
Pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber which are very good for the heart. It is also very rich in fiber which helps in controlling the cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Pumpkin seeds contain Serotonin (neuro-chemical) which is a natural sleep-inducing agent. Having a handful of these before bed will ensure a good night’s sleep.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals which ensure a healthy immune system and reduces the chances of getting infections which may cause cold, flu etc.
Previous Studies suggest that pumpkin seeds may help improve insulin regulation and prevent diabetes by decreasing the amount of oxidative stress.
Good For Pregnant Women
Zinc is essential for onset of labor in pregnant women and it is estimated that around 80% of pregnant women suffer from a zinc deficiency. So including Pumpkin seeds in the diet of a pregnant woman can be very beneficiary for inducing natural birth.
Pumpkin seeds have anti-inflammatory properties and are known to reduce pain. It may also help in reducing pain due to Arthritis.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Looking for Wedding Gifts?
- Green Smoothie Guide
- 7 Reasons To Eat Walnuts Daily!
- Why to drink Chamomile Tea before bed?
- 12 Foods to Keep You Warm these Winters
- 8 CARDINAL RULES OF MAKING TEA
- 8 SURPRISING BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 6 Easy Tips to Keep Your Tea fresh
- Simple Tea Steeping Guide
- Tea Terminology: What does the word “Steep” mean?
- Around the World in 14 Tea Cups
- 5 Almond Face Packs for Healthy Skin
- 6 Reasons to switch to Pink Rock Salt in place of Common Table Salt
- 9 SURPRISING BENEFITS OF HING OR ASAFOETIDA
- White Tea? What Is That?
- What Foods Should You Pair With Your Awesome Tea? Find Out The Answers Here!
- Why Try Teas Blended with Rose Petals
- Green Tea Might Just Be The King Of Super Foods