Walnuts are one of the most effective superfoods packed with essential vitamins and minerals-especially manganese, thiamine, and folate. Eating just a handful of walnuts a day can boost your health in numerous ways. You can add them to salads, oatmeal or baked goods to enhance the wholesomeness and the nutritive value. Here are 7 reasons to include walnuts as a part of healthy diet.
For the heart
Many pieces of research have shown that eating walnuts may reduce the risk for heart disease by lowering the "bad" cholesterol, reducing inflammation and improving the function of blood vessels.
For the brain
Walnuts are considered brain food due to the presence of important phytochemicals and high amounts of polyunsaturated fats that promote brain health and brain function. The high content of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids also play a major role.
For hair & skin
Walnuts are also a good source of vitamin E, which helps in maintaining and protecting the skin from free radicals that are harmful in nature. They also prevent wrinkles and signs of aging. Walnuts also work wonders for the hair as they're rich in biotin which helps prevent hair fall and strengthen them.
Walnuts have a high satiety value which curbs appetite and helps with weight management. This is due to the high fiber and protein composition of walnuts.
Supplementing a person’s diet with these nuts alleviates mood and improves mental health. It is even applicable to adults who are battling depression and stress. Studies indicate that omega-3 fatty acids could well play a role in certain mood disorders.
Walnuts help in building resistance to insulin that controls blood glucose levels and lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The high amount of dietary fat and fiber has shown to improve the metabolic rate in people.
Good for the gut
Walnuts are rich in fiber, and they are a great way to keep your digestive system functioning properly. Consuming walnuts can enrich the gut microbiome and increase particular good bacteria strains, which are good for the gut.
In Same Category
- How to get your pizza toppings right | Pizza Topping Ideas | Tassyam
- How to get your Pizza Sauce right | Easy Tomato Sauce | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics 3 | International Soups
- How to get your Pizza right | Foolproof Pizza dough | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics | Cream Soups
Related by Tags
- Tea time with Tassyam
- Date with Tassyam
- Looking for Wedding Gifts?
- Kitchen Conversion Cheatsheet: A Simple Guide to make cooking easier!
- Green Smoothie Guide
- 7 Reasons To Eat Walnuts Daily!
- 10 Inspiring Christmas Quotes to Warm Your Heart
- Why to drink Chamomile Tea before bed?
- 12 Foods to Keep You Warm these Winters
- 7 Incredible Health Benefits of Black Pepper
- 8 CARDINAL RULES OF MAKING TEA
- 8 SURPRISING BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 6 Easy Tips to Keep Your Tea fresh
- Simple Tea Steeping Guide
- Tea Terminology: What does the word “Steep” mean?