Asafoetida or Hing as it’s popularly known is a ubiquitous part of Indian cuisine, especially in Indian curries and dals. A dish loses its finishing touch and flavour without a generous sprinkle of Hing in it. Its distinct taste can transform any boring dish. Along with its strong taste, it also offers powerful benefits, considering its therapeutic and curative properties.
Asafoetida or Hing is referred to as the food of gods and rightly so. Here are the benefits of consuming Hing regularly.
1. According to Ayurveda, drinking a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of Hing on a daily basis is recommended. It cures acidity instantly and fixes bloating or other digestive issues. A Pinch of Hing a Day, Keeps Diseases Away
2. When Hing is added to dishes, it produces diuretic properties which cleanse the bladder and protects against any urinary infection
3. Did you know that Hing can also be used for skin problems and acne outburst? Yes, its strong antibacterial properties keep your skin pores clear of dust, oil and sebum, eventually clearing out acne.
Make a homemade paste of Multani Mitti with rose water and a few drops of lemon juice. To this, add a pinch of Hing and apply it on your skin. Use it regularly for optimal results.
4. A paste prepared by mixing hing in water and then applying it on your chest is an effective remedy for relieving chest congestion and cough. Else you can consume hing with dry ginger powder and honey as cough syrup to get relief from respiratory disorders.
5. Hing is also a natural blood thinner. It contains a compound called Coumarin that improves blood flow and circulation. Therefore it helps to keep your blood pressure under control. Having Hing water regularly is a potent aid for people with hypertension.
Reference to Hing in Ayurvedic Texts
The Charaka Samhita, an ancient compilation of Ayurvedic medicines lists Hing as the following:
- Deepaneeya – Herbs that improve digestion
- Svasahara – Herbs that alleviate respiratory disorders
- Sanjnasthapana - Herbs that are useful in restoring mental consciousness
It has a pungent taste. It is blessed with all gunas or characteristics like light to digest, sharp, hot potency and highly penetrative into the tissues.
High-Quality and Unadulterated Hing
To reap the above benefits of Hing, it’s important that you purchase a good quality Hing that is not tainted with additives. For this reason, Tassyam offers an exclusive range of Hing sourced from the pioneers of Hing producers to ensure that you get the best.
Try out from our range of Hing today to experience its strong taste and flavour, unlike the conventional Hing that is available in the market. Come and experience the difference for yourself!
In Same Category
- How to get your pizza toppings right | Pizza Topping Ideas | Tassyam
- How to get your Pizza Sauce right | Easy Tomato Sauce | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics 3 | International Soups
- How to get your Pizza right | Foolproof Pizza dough | Tassyam
- Homemade Soups 101 | Broth Basics | Cream Soups